This recipe is almost embarrassingly simple, yet packs a ton of flavor. It’s inspired by an appetizer at the 1914 House, a restaurant near us here in Colorado. Make it as an appetizer as they do, or make it a side dish to accompany a larger meal.
Charred Sweet Chili Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts
- 7 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Wash and slice the Brussels sprouts. Quarter larger sprouts and halve smaller sprouts.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts in 5 tbsp olive oil, plus the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Spread in an even layer in a dark sheet pan and back for 20 minutes.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts in an additional 2 tbsp olive oil, then return to the oven for 10 more minutes, until the sprouts are tender and well-charred.
- Combine the agave nectar and chili garlic sauce, then drizzle over the Brussels sprouts and toss to coat. Serve!